Terms and Conditions
Dog Minds is based on the kindest, most effective, non-punitive methods. I carefully design and structure my training programmes to the best they can be for dog and owner.
These policies are written in the interest of safety, responsibility and care for owners and dogs.
1. Harsh handling is not permitted. I have a complete ban on choke chains and other coercive or punitive techniques, in accordance with the APDT Code of Practice.
2. Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs in public places. All dogs must be kept under control and on leash in public areas (off leash only when instructed by myself). I am there to help but you are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
3. Refunds cannot be given after your programme has started, except in exceptional circumstances – as decided by myself. Dog Minds cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage to person or property.
4. Children are very welcome to attend training sessions – indeed they are often the best handlers. However, for the sake of safety and consistency in training, young people under the age of 16 MUST be with an adult at all times. Parents might wish to sit down with their children before their training session to explain how important it is for them to listen and be involved.
5. Please let me know if your dog is not in a fit state to train due to illness, disease, injury or any other reason. All dogs should be wormed and fully protected by vaccination as advised by their vet.
6. Payment is kindly requested before the start of your first session.
7. Cancellation Policy - I hope you won't have to cancel. However, if you are unable to keep the scheduled appointment, notice via phone or email is required 48 hours prior to the appointment. The full cost will be charged for non-appearance or cancellation if less than 48 hours notice is given.